7/30/2006

I. am. tired.

In case the title wasn't a subtle enough tribute, I. am. tired.

I've learned that I can only push my body's sleep and stress boundaries so far before it starts sending warning signals that it will, in fact, shut down if I continue. Shut down = Get sick enough to knock me out for a few days, forcing me to rest and get better. It was reaching that point on the good ol' 24th, but I gave it a few days of nothingness in Idaho. Surprisingly, my sore throat is still around, and my neck muscles are still quite sore.

The last 5 weeks or so have been really, really good. However, I've been averaging approximately 5 hours of sleep a night. My body prefers eight. It's taken its toll, but been very worth it. Sadly, I will not get to sleep on a bed tonight like I'd anticipated. On the flip side, though, my laptop (thanks to my wonderful father) is now updated and secured and all that good stuff.

I like Hometown. I grew up here. I know lots of people here. CollegeTown, though, is feeling a lot more like home these days. It's nice to feel like I want to go home, and to have that be not my family's house. (CollegeTown, by the way, is not really a college town. Thank Heaven.)

Ok. Time for bed. Good night.

1 comment:

ambrosia ananas said...

Was good to see you this weekend. We need to hang out soon.