7/03/2006

Can you sail under the command of a pirate, or can you not?

Ohhhhhhh NO. Of the three of us that will continue to live in this house, I seem to have the strongest perceptions of people. I'm irritated that I didn't get to meet New Roommate in advance, because I probably would have put my foot down and said no. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. Maybe I'm not being fair. Maybe I just need to get to know her. At this point, I'm feeling like I would rather have paid extra rent for the month of July. :P Negatively Orange Roommate seems pretty excited about her, and probably convinced Shy House Manager to let her move in, since we "needed" a roommate in four days. Maybe it's just the half-naked, tattooed men (blech!) that are moving her stuff in. No, they're not from a moving company. Even Other Engaged Roommate gave me the "eye." I am SO glad that I now live in a room that has a key to it. Grrr.

Life has a funny way of throwing things at you that you're not expecting. I'm also pretty sure that God has a pretty good sense of humor. I couldn't have imagined that life would be as good as it is right now. Even with my shaky feelings about the new roommate, it'll work out. (I hope she doesn't mind my practicing!) School, jobs, moving, loving, practicing, talking, being with, teasing, tickling, kissing, summer, books, movies, lessons, beautiful weather, trusting, hugging, walking, yeah. Good, good stuff. It'll work out. Life has a funny way of working out the way that it's supposed to, whether or not it coincides with how WE think it should work out.

1 comment:

tiblittle said...

It's good to be happy. You're right about life working out. Worrying about the little things is just a waste of time. (You may use this post to throw in my face at any time I decide to be depressed.)