7/11/2006

"'Lucius turns and screams.' Ahhhhhhhhh!"

There is a stranger living in my house! She's cute, tan, exotic, wears short skirts, has perfect hair and loves U of U football. This will take some adjusting. She doesn't even feel like a roommate. She feels like someone who's staying here for a few days or maybe a week. This could be interesting. Today was only the second time I've actually seen her, and it was for about 10 seconds. *shrug*

After talking to a co-worker today, I realized that my life is pretty good. She's fighting several uphill battles, and it's about to get harder for her. She's a single mom with two kids. They're visiting their dad for the summer, and one of her kids wants to stay with him. If he does, she'll lose child support, which is half of a house payment. Her mom's getting sicker, and it's getting harder to take care of her. Not only are these taxing on her financially, but she's hanging on by a thread emotionally. I'm sure I'm not even scratching the tip of the iceberg. That woman is barely hanging on, and I don't know how she does it, but she absolutely amazes me. Her courage....just...everything. I really have so much and have been so blessed. I don't deserve it.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something." (Oops! Quote now corrected.)

No comments: