5/29/2006

"Non-farewell-farewell

Mission Brother spoke yesterday in church. It was amazing. That kid is an amazing example to me. It was definitely emotional. Every so often, when we sing a four-verse hymn, he'll start with bass, I'll start with soprano, and we'll work our way up/down, so I'm singing bass (an octave higher) by the fourth verse, and he'll be singing soprano an octave lower. I love that! It occurred to me, as he was sitting on the stand, that I won't get to do that for a while. Weird.

Saw X3 today, and liked it quite a bit. I haven't read the comics, so I didn't know what was going to happen. Lots of twists and turns that I wasn't expecting. This is one series that I don't mind the CGI stuff at all. You can't have X-Men without CGI. Hugh Jackman is one of my favorite actors because he's so versatile and so talented. I liked all the new characters. It was a fun show. I'd see it again.

I also watched Pearl Harbor today. That is not an easy movie to watch, but I'm glad I did. It's amazing to think that actions that affect the entire world come from people. Humans. Fallible, imperfect, often stupid creatures. FDR wakes up (or any president or ruler) and decides to make an executive decision to drop bombs. Men voluntarily sign up to be in the armed forces and go on missions not knowing if they'll come home alive. Serving and defending our country and our freedoms is more important than family, than life. That is incredible. I'm so thankful that they're willing to do that.

"Things" are challenging, but really good, too. I wouldn't have it any other way right now. I'm learning/realizing so much. Like how much I care.

No comments: