11/18/2005

And then what if you are what a prince would envision...?

So, I have to laugh. There is someone that I have been exchaning e-mails with lately. That is, until he decided to be non-responsive. Until I mention casually on bb that I'm dating someone not of the bb persuasion. Suddenly, he feels like writing me back. *snicker* It's okay, my friend. I was not about to express undying love.

Yes, you read that correctly. I have started dating someone. And, as irony (or maybe luck) would have it, he lives in Orem. He goes to BYU. He's a wonderful dancer, and as I'm finding out, a wonderful person. I am gunshy, and somewhat skeptical, but for whatever reason, I'm hanging in there. Half of me doesn't want to 'commit' and feels like bolting, but the other half of me is so overwhelmingly comfortable and okay with it that I can't bolt. And that's okay. I haven't settled into the "*sighhhh* At last, my Prince Charming has come," mentality. I'm just....okay....for now. It's rather precarious, but I'm not at all worried about it. I'm taking it as it comes. If, at some point, after maybe having dinner together, and after having ordered Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke, he may tell me it's over. I'm still waiting for him to say, "[Cinderella], you're way too spunky/on the edge/weird/intimidating for me. See ya around at Swing Kids, ok?" At this point, I would be neither surprised or saddened. I guess it's a self-defense mechanism, and it's happened before. *shrug*

He's newly home from his mission, as in, beginning of August. He's doing REALLY well for only having been home since then. I'd pretty much sworn off men under the age of 23, as I was sick of putting up with all the weirdness. And yet, here I am...

I'm convinced that God has a sense of humor. Yeah. I'll have to blog later about my highly ironic situation that recently occurred that cemented this idea into my brain. For now, however, ta ta.

6 comments:

Saule Cogneur said...

It's okay, your undying love for me is understood. You don't have to confess. I've sworn off guys under 23 too, and because I'm awesome, I will NEVER renounce my vow.

Etelmik said...

I am happy about this. I hope good things come of this. *hug*

ambrosia ananas said...

I need to hear some more stories soon. : )

Cinderella said...

S.C.: Too bad I already mentioned that he's not on blue beta, huh? Nice try, though. I guess I should be flattered.

Toast: Thank you! :) I like hugs. Especially yours. I have no idea what will happen, but I'm sure I'll learn a lot. How are you?

Brozy: If you want more stories, you know where to find me. :)

JB said...

Good for you! I hope it continues to be a nice experience. :)

Tolkien Boy said...

WHAT??? THAT'S why you stopped writing me??

:( And I thought I was the love of your life!