7/11/2007

Ta-da!

September 15th. It's a Saturday. It's also the day that I'll be marrying The Franchise. In some ways, it seems close. In some ways, it still seems like it'll never get here.

I've decided that I'm going kind of minimalist on wedding stuff. I'm not buying a wedding gown. Instead, I'm buying a really nice outfit with the money that I would have spent on a gown, only I'll be able to wear it more than just once! :)

I'm discovering that it is not easy to plan a minimalist wedding. The wedding industry is so massive and so crazy that it's difficult to know where to turn if you don't want all of the frills. Maybe I should start a support group. :)

It's nice to have a goal. It's nice to have a direction. It's nice to move on with life.

5 comments:

ambrosia ananas said...

Congratulations!

JB said...

Ok, that's awesome. I was just, today, wondering when you'd be getting married. But I knew I couldn't ask. . . so this was very well timed for me. Thanks for being so considerate. Oh and congradulations! ;)

N.F. said...

Congrats, too!

I'm not engaged by any means, but I have a feeling it's coming close. Just today, in fact, I was looking on line at Vegas weddings--and realizing how there is SO MUCH that I DO NOT want.

When I was younger I wanted the "whole deal"...but now, I realize it's about being with the other person, not the other hoopla.

N.F. said...

PS. If you find any wonderful minimalist wedding websites, would you please share?

Cinderella said...

I will share, but I was actually thinking of sort of starting one. Maybe I'd start with a blog. I'll let you know, though, noelle.