3/06/2006

You give your hand to me, and then you say hello.

I have a headache from lack of food. I'm currently trying to remedy the problem.

That said, my brain is swirling. I have two intense midterms on Wednesday that I'm praying I can be ready for, and I still have to practice. I also have a Mozart project due on the 22nd, just after Spring Break.

In case you didn't read the little blurb at the top of my blog, I am a music major. I love music. I think that it can do a lot of good, when used the right way, and a lot of bad, too. Our world is becoming a worse and worse place. I'm glad that there are people in the world who are willing to attempt to extract the bad. It's definitely not an easy job. For my part, however, I want to try to counteract the bad by inserting more good in the world. I don't care if that good is done on the smallest level - by being a good example to other people, specifically youth. If that good is done by being someone that makes someone else happy by being happy and optimistic, that is great with me.

Depending on your point of view, a major failing of mine is that I choose to ignore the bad stuff that goes on in the world. I know it exists and that it's out there, but if I think about it too much, it really gets to me. I can't understand why or how people can do such horrible things. I can handle the occasional 'guy flick,' but I choose to focus my time and energy on things that make me happy. Life's too short to be miserable. Yes, I'm fine living in my own world and not knowing the details of the nasty stuff that goes on.

Eleka said that I do optimism well. I'd like for that to remain true.

3 comments:

Lunkwill said...

I no longer buy the "world's getting worse and worse" argument. Violent crime rates are down, the berlin wall came down, the cold war with the USSR ended (so that we no longer have to do nuclear air raid drills at school), and in fact the country has been getting much more conservative lately (assuming you consider that a positive thing). Let's *really* be optimistic -- life spans are increasing, smoking's on the way out, and Linux is progressing well on its path of global domination!

eleka nahmen said...

See, C, listen to what Lunwill is saying and store it away to use when your eternal optimism is waning ;)

JB said...

I'm with lunk on this one. I think the too-conservatives want to think the world is getting worse and worse so they'll have an "enemy" to fight. And by "too conservatives" I mean, the Vice President and his little lackies (yes, that includes the President)