2/18/2006

"Another summer day has come and gone away in Paris and Rome..."

My roommates are giggling downstairs. I dislike that word: giggling.

Anyway!

With the birthday post, I made a decision. I hear too many women (and men) complain when they get older. Worry that they're wasting away/becoming less attractive/etc. So, I decided that from now on, I will only become more and more attractive every year. It may or may not be physically so, but that is okay. :)

Life's just funny and unexpected and busy. I feel bad, in a way, because I have almost no time for friends or dates. I have to practice flute or analyze some Mozart or Beethoven piece or practice my sightsinging or work or attend a concert or go on visits or stretch and strengthen my wrists and eat and sleep and go to church. Most my extra time of late is spent with my family....not that I have much extra time in the first place. *eye roll*

Thankfully, this weekend is a long weekend, and I'll get to see some friends that I haven't seen in person in months. It'll be great.

2 comments:

JB said...

It will be great! :D Also, I agree with your birthday theory. I always thought it was sad that my mom stopped being all happy about having her birthdays. Birthdays are for celebrating life and that you were brought into it. And that you've made it another year. I guess some people don't enjoy celebrating life, and that's fine, but it's sad when people take their birthdays to mean they're getting old and that therefore they must be less attractive. Good on yer, Cindy!

JB said...

P.S. Some people really do only look better with time. Take Sean Connery, for example. He was not that cute when he was younger and now he's gorgeous. My grandpa is sorta like that too--funny looking 20-something and now he's very nice looking.