10/30/2005

An interesting question

Laulau posed an interesting question on her blog:

Does what matters now matter later?

I would say yes and no. For me, when there are people/things in my life that I care a lot about, I tend to *do* stuff in relation to them, which teaches me a lot, which helps me later in different situations.

For example: Guys I've dated in the past. I'm SO glad that I didn't marry my first boyfriend out of high school. I've learned things about myself and my life that I wouldn't have learned any other way. At times, I've thought, "What's the point of getting involved if it doesn't work out?" Then I think, "How do you know it won't work out until you actually give it a shot?" "Yes, but what if I get hurt again? I'm tired of it!"

I found myself thinking today that I'm afraid of *blank* and *blank*. (You may think you know what goes in the blanks, but don't be so sure. :) ) After this thought process led me lower and lower, and I started feeling crummier and crummier, a thought popped into my head that there's a scripture somewhere about Heavenly Father not giving us feelings of fear, but of peace, etc. So I started to look up 'fear,' and found a few REALLY neat scriptures that pulled me out of my 'funk.' I remembered that I need to be patient, have faith, and go forward without having fear.

So this week is going to be awesome, because I'm going to make a conscious effort to eliminate as much fear as I can.

I also had an awesome Halloween costume last night that was tons of fun, and actually made people laugh. :D And I get to hang out with my family tonight, tomorrow and Tuesday. And I get to carve a pumpkin tomorrow. And I get to go look at Brozy's house. And it's fall....YUM. And I get to apply for jobs, and contemplate the possibilities of moving down. And I get to start a new week. It's going to be GREAT! And maybe I'll start planning my theoretical trip to Disneyland next fall, because it's been a while since I've been there. Road trip, anyone? (And I'm only half kidding about that...)

3 comments:

ambrosia ananas said...

Hi, dear. I'm very excited that you're going to come look at the house. I would *so* love to have you for a roommate.

And a scripture I like about fear: 1 Jn. 4:18: http://scriptures.lds.org/1_jn/4/18#18

Hmmm. I can't find the other one that I like. I'll have to send it later.

JB said...

Oooh Disneyland!! You know this is their 50th anniversary, right? They're doing all kinds of extra-special stuff this year. Plus, if you do decide to go down there, I've got a lot of family in the area (and by that I mean in Anaheim proper, but a good 30 minute drive to Disneyland).

Cinderella said...

Yes, but unfortunately I have neither time nor money to go this year. :( If I go, it'll have to be next. *sigh* And I have a relative who lives in Riverside, so I'd probably stay with him. Thanks for offering your relatives, though. :)

I'm so glad you're my friends. :)

*warm fuzzies*