10/10/2005

Here we go 'round the mulberry bush...

Okay, friends...here's the update. Right before Wind Ensemble today, I got a call from the music director, asking if I would like to come to callbacks for the choir. I said yes. She then proceeded to tell me that the callbacks are taking place tomorrow evening, which, incidentally, is the night of my flute choir concert. I can't go down to Orem. I've been feeling like if it's supposed to happen, it'll work out, but I guess this is my "sign." I'm still kinda bummed out about it, though. She says that she'll put me on "reserve" in case she can't quite get the sound she wants at callbacks. Yeah, right. There are so many talented people. I'm not saying that I'm not talented, but there are a lot of talented people that will be called back. Oh well.

For whatever odd reason, I'm still contemplating moving south. Something about I've lived a fairly boring, predictable, responsible life, and I want the chance to be spontaneous and have fun before I have to resign to the Iron Clamp. (Thanks to DC. The Adz made me laugh. Especially the ball and chain.)

I'm just sort of blah. There's something missing, and I think it's my "I've lived a boring life" stuff. Meh. We'll have to see how it goes.

3 comments:

ambrosia ananas said...

Not that I'm going to encourage you to do something that would make your busy days even longer . . . but I'd be really excited if you moved. : )

JB said...

I agree with 'Brozy that it'd be pretty cool if you moved here.

About the movie (ITW), Lunk and I will be out of town this weekend, but I think S* will be around. We can always drop it off at your/your family's house during the week, though.

Saule Cogneur said...

It's me. I'm the reason you should move down here. It's okay, you don't have to be ashamed; my charisma is like a tractor beam. Pulls in the lady-types from all over the world.