10/25/2005

New job

So my project at my current job will be finishing this week. That means that I need to find a new job fairly quickly. I applied and was interviewed for a banquet server at a very popular dining location downtown...in a building that holds a lot of wedding receptions...where you might see GAs walking around...that has a great view of a rather large and spiky building....Yeah.

And then I realized that I don't think I want the job, even if it's offered to me. Maybe it's because I took a nap today and woke up feeling tired and having little energy, but to have a restaurant-type job where you're constantly "Ohmygosh, like, HI!! How are you today??" sounded extremely draining. Then I came to realize that while I enjoy people, I've enjoyed being given a project, being told, "K, do it," and then being left alone for the most part. I don't like people breathing down my neck.

So to have a job like that involving all of those things...yeah...I'm not so sure about that. Maybe I can get my people fix without having it be through my job. Maybe a secretarial job would be good...or maybe I could find a way to do what I really want...which is to teach private flute lessons.

And there are other....Um....yeah....

*shrug*

Who knows? I'm excited to see how life turns out, to be sure.

3 comments:

ambrosia ananas said...

You ought to stick up some flyers around the campus and talk to a few professors and see if you can get the word out. I think you'd be a great teacher, and you certainly have the musical skills for it. Give it a shot. The worst that can happen is that you'll still have to find a job someplace else.

JB said...

I'd take you up on those lessons, but I can't find my flute! :*(

Laulau said...

Job searching sucks. :(