12/07/2005

Merely a young girl's record.

I just got done with a good practice session with my accompanist. He is so sweet, and is very talented.

I have finally started to figured out the flute politics. I pretty much have to be (or at least pretend to be) obsessed with all things related to flute, and like there is NOTHING else I'd rather be doing. This is starting to be true, to a point. It's probably good that I don't live in the same city that the rest of you do, because then I'd just want to hang out all the time. This way, I can live my life and do flute, but know that you still love me and might want to hang out with me on weekends.

I've discovered and finally come to terms with the fact that I hate being controlled and forced, in any or all forms. Everything that I do needs to come intrinsically, whether it's because it will make me happy or because I'm consciously choosing to do something to make someone else happy, or because I recognize it as a 'duty' of sorts. I can defintely be responsible. I also, however, know how to be responsibly unresponsible. I like being irreverent sometimes. You kinda have to figure out how I work. I can be verrry serious, but I can be very lighthearted and goofy. You have to learn my voice inflections to know when I'm exaggerating and being sarcastic. It's sorta how my sense of humor works. If, however, you start forcing me to do something (even if it's something I already do), I will almost immediately have a VERY strong urge to do the exact opposite, just to prove that I can and just to see what you'll do. I value a bit of unpredictability in my life. Predictable is occasionally boring. So look out. :)

At some point, I'll make a "Quirks To Be Put Up With If You Marry Me" list, and a list of "Wonderful Things You'll Get In Return" list. The lists may be very intertwined.

One of the 'Wonderfuls' is that I will always try to make life interesting. I can find excitement and happiness in what often seem to be the most dull and boring parts of life. I've learned how to make things like that exciting, or else I'd get bored and depressed. You probably won't be interested, so I'll just keep those things to myself, but you better not come whining to me about how boring life is, or I'll just laugh at you. :)

1 comment:

Tolkien Boy said...

This is one of the reasons I got out of the performing arts. I lack the necessary fanaticism to make a real go of anything.