1/05/2008

Happy New Year

I can't believe that January 2008 is finally here. When I applied to Current School, and I filled in "expected graduation" as May 2008, it sounded obnoxiously far away.

"Ha," I thought. "That's never going to come. Ah, well."

All of a sudden, it's around the corner. And it didn't even ask permission. Humph.

Don't get me wrong. I am very excited to graduate. After two years at Former School and 3.5 years at Current School, I'm ready to be done. It's also strange to think that Missionary Brother will be coming home about three weeks after I graduate. The poor kid will have to apply for his schooling while he's still on his mission. He's looking at Former School, Current School, and That Other Big School. I'm trying to convince him that Current School is the way to go, but it may just depend on what scholarships he can drum up.

I, like Nancy, am also approaching a "dot, dot, dot" moment in my life. People are starting to ask what I'll do post-graduation. I tell them that I'm looking forward to a full-time job that is not related to my relatively useless major. Current Job seems interested in potentially creating a full-time job for me to stay. The reason it's a dot, dot, dot, though, is that The Franchise is planning on attending graduate school this fall, and doesn't know exactly where that will be just yet. That's okay. It's an adventure, right? Part of me thinks it would be nice to stick around. Part of me thinks that picking up and relocating would be fun (even if moving and I aren't best friends). Life has so much in store, and while it can be scary, it can also be fun.

I've been blessed a lot in my life, and I know that we'll be taken care of wherever we end up, and that we'll be where we're supposed to be.

I hope that we all can have a good 2008.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Dot, dot, dot moments are fun--although EXTREMELY stressful at the same time. I keep anticipating things and there really isn't much to anticipate yet. :)

Marriage complicates things like dots (x3) because it suddenly involves more than one person. So, yeah, you're looking for a job, but...

I know how that goes :)

I'm glad you're glad you're graduating. School can get tiresome. Shoot...I only was in school for three years or something and I was more than ready for it to be over.

Good luck with things!

Th. said...

.

Happy New Year.