6/01/2006

Lunch Dates

Lunch dates, I have decided, make great first dates. Really. There is less money being spent on me, and my date doesn't feel obligated to entertain me for an evening after only having had a conversation or two.

I went with this kid, and only spent an hour in his company. He's nice, but I'm not interested in spending great deals of time with him. He's 24, but you'd almost think that he had just stepped off the plane coming home from his mission. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but I enjoy people who are a little more mellow. He seems kind of high strung. After his "It'd be really fun to do something again." and my not responding, but waving a smiling goodbye, I'm hoping he'll find someone else to spark his interest and move on. I may not get off that easily, but a girl can hope, can't she?

Guys are SO much easier to interact with, on the whole, when they're "taken."