3/06/2008

What is going on??

I had a very strange day yesterday. I haven't quite processed what's been going on. I've been becoming more and more outspoken, and I find that I like it! Knowing that I have to be more accountable about what I say can be a little scary, but I found it nice to actually say what I think. It was fun, and such a relief! I'm confused, though, because that's not normally who I am. I've historically been the one to go with the flow, do what I'm told, not make waves, etc. All of a sudden, I can't seem to keep my mouth shut about what I think, especially in response to professors and coworkers. The other strange thing is that people are actually taking me seriously and valuing my opinions. This also (and granted, this is just my perception, and is thus a jaded view of reality) is strange. I'm used to being the good little obedient green in the corner, but maybe orange isn't as bad as I thought.

Am I actually changing colors, or what's going on here???

4 comments:

Braden said...

I support it. Rock on.

JB said...

I always thought you were a guarded orange. Only orange around people you felt comfortable being orange around. Maybe the guardedness is falling? 'Cause I know you so super well that I would know that. . .

PS Lunk and I were talking about how you came home from school that one day so my sick bro could use your restroom. That was really cool of you and I wanted to say thanks.

Kathryn said...

The big thing that has made me more outgoing is having kids, though I still think I am very much a blue.

I never thought you were an obedient green!

I think it would be great fun to go to Disneyland with all of you! Sign us up!

eleka nahmen said...

Don't greens wonder if they're changing away from green? ;)

Yellow: "Oh, wait, huh? Green's pretty!"

Orange: "Look at this--LOOK at this!! I'm being NOT GREEN! Wait, you're not looking. Lookatme!!"

Red: *rolls eyes at the big waste of time wondering if one has changed colours*

Purple: "A green is this, this, this, and this. You are also this, this, this, and this. Therefore, you are still green."

Green: "So I'm wondering, and I could be wrong, but maybe I'm changing colours?! Because I did this, this, this, and this, and that is TOTALLY not green behaviour, but maybe it actually IS green behaviour and I'm completely misinterpreting it, but then I also did this this this and this, which actually really is green behaviour, but if it was done in conjunction with this action because of this action, maybe that's actually me being orange?! Maybe?! Hmmm...."

Blue: *Eats a cookie*

;)