7/19/2006

Inkheart

I just finished reading the book Inkheart. It's a children's book that has been on the Bestsellers list for a while. My brother and sister liked it, so I thought I'd give it a shot. It was ok. It's the story of a girl and her father who are able to pull characters out of their respective books when they read aloud. It was cute, but too long, and not fast enough. The ending also left something wanting. *shrug* I'm done, and now it's time to move on. I'll probably get back into that sports book I purchased not too long ago.

Yes, I purchased a book about sports. I figure it's about time for me to learn a little, since I'm dating Someone who is WAY into them. He seems to be willing to teach me, but I'd like to have at least a basic understanding. It's called The Smart Girl's Guide to Sports. It's great. Despite my father's best efforts (and even, once or twice, my mom's), I did not understand what a down was. Now I do. :) For the first time, probably ever, I'm actually looking forward to football season. This is new for me, but I'm sure it will be good for me. Expanding my horizons, ya know, and all that. It's too bad, really, that The Franchise will be in Houston. I'm sure his experience and expertise would be quite valuable.

2 comments:

erin said...

Sports are fun. If you don't want to ask a boy you can ask me too. I know some stuff about sports. :)

Cinderella said...

We should definitely watch some games together. That would be a lot of fun.