9/09/2005

Dang you, Tolkien Boy

*Note to self: Do not talk to TB right before bed. May cause inability to sleep.*

I'm here to blog about swing kids this time. I went to the U club tonight, and it was not fun. I turned a boy down on a fast song and gave the excuse that I have tendonitis. I do! I really do have tendonitis, and dancing a very fast song with a beginner is about the bottom of my priority list. I tried to communicate this to the boy, but I don't think it worked. He just looked at me like I was about the lamest girl he'd ever met. I didn't care. I don't come to Swing Kids to have pity on those around me or to find a date for this weekend. I go to dance, and if there aren't any good guys there, I'll leave or do something else. Fine, I didn't want to get to know you anyway. Blah.

I still feel like a jerk for saying no, though. I have to remind myself that it's OKAY to not dance when people ask.

Time for a re-definition of self. I will probably go about it in a different way than I normally do, though. I'm not sure what that will be, but I'm excited for it. Tolkien Boy got me thinking in a different way. Thanks for that. It takes quite the profound thought to render me unable to sleep, which you did.

I'm not perfect. This is something that I am trying to convince myself of. Maybe if I write it out one hundred times I'll get it at some point.

I'm not perfect, and that is okay. I'm not perfect, and that is okay....

No comments: