8/27/2005

Funny RMs

I went to Crimson Nights last night at the Union building (the Utah version of the Wilk), but had to wait in line for a looong time. There were these guys standing behind me whose friends would cut in line with them as they arrived. After about 5 or 10 mintues, there were probably 6 or 7 of them. They were obviously young. After a while, they started checking girls out, but they were doing it in Spanish lest the girl in front of them (heh...) be offended. I don't even know if they were talking about me. I just don't pay any attention when guys start doing that. Well, I did understand enough that I found it intensely entertaining. I was laughing, but was trying to not to do so outwardly so they would keep doing it. It didn't work. I was shaking ever so slightly. One of the guys was walking by me, and turned and said to his friends that he suspected that I understood them. They argued about it for a while until I turned around and said, "En serio." The looks on their faces was priceless. They were shocked. It was really funny. One of them kind of apologized, but it was in that weird, flippant "I'm not *really* sorry but better say I am just in case you were really offended" way. I got a good kick out of it. Maybe they won't be so quick to jump into Spanish next time.

No comments: